The Department cooperates with a range of partner institutions abroad:
- Institut für Slawistik, Universität Wien (Austria)
- Institute of Western and Southern Slavic Studies, Faculty of Polish Studies, University of Warsaw (Poland)
- Institute of Slavic Studies, Faculty of Letters, University of Wroclaw (Poland)
- Department of Slovak Language and Literature, Faculty of Arts, Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra (Slovakia)
- Department of Slovak Language and Communication, Faculty of Arts, Matej Bel University, Banská Bystrica (Slovakia)
- Department of Slovak Language and Literature, Faculty of Education, Trnava University in Trnava (Slovakia)
- Department of Communication and Literary Education, Faculty of Education, University of Prešov (Slovakia)
- Institute of Slovak and Media Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Prešov (Slovakia)
- Department of Slovak Language and Literature, Faculty of Arts and Letters, Catholic University of Ružomberok (Slovakia)
In cooperation with the University of Vienna, the Department has been involved in international projects to support the development of education and cultural contacts AKTION for more than 10 years. In their periodic implementations, these projects represent an excellent platform for Czech-Austrian cooperation in the form of regular meetings of students and teachers of Czech studies from 3 universities – the Institute of Slavonic Studies of the University of Vienna, the Faculty of Education of the University of Ostrava and the University of Ústí nad Labem (in previous years Faculty of Arts, Charles University). The main activities of this projects have concentrated in teaching activities, workshops and lectures of the participants dealing with the topics of Czech didactics in the context, practical didactic topics in foreign language teaching of Czech and German, application of new media in Czech didactics, Czech as a mother tongue and foreign language, etc.
The international cooperation of the Department in research concentrates on projects within the Visegrad Fund – Orthoepy of West Slavic Languages (2019–2021) in cooperation with the University of Warsaw and the University of Constantine the Philosopher in Nitra, and research mobility projects of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports – Reflections on Czech and Wider Czech Awareness among Viennese Czechs (in cooperation with the University of Vienna, Austria, 2020–2022) and Analysis of Specific Deficiencies in Czech Communications of Polish Czech Users (in cooperation with the University of Wroclaw, Poland, 2020-2022).
For foreign students the Department currently offers 5 disciplines:
- Chapters from Czech language, literature for children and culture;
- Czech pronunciation – practical exercises for foreigners 1 and 2;
- Foreign lexical borrowings in the Czech language;
- Czech word-formation and vocabulary.
Updated: 14. 12. 2021