- Department of Civic Education
- Department of Czech Language and Literature with Didactics
- Department of Education and Adult Education
- Department of English Language with Didactics
- Department of Human Movement Studies
- Department of Information and Comunication Technologies
- Department of Mathematics with Didactics
- Department of Musical Education
- Department of Pedagogical and School Psychology
- Department of Preprimary and Primary Education
- Department of Social Pedagogy
- Department of Special Pedagogy
- Department of Technical and Vocational Education
- Department of Visual Arts Education
- Centre for Educational Research
- Centre for Studies of European Identity
- Centre for Studies of Regional Musical Culture
- Human Motion Diagnostic Centre
- Institute for Adult Education and Development
Research Initiatives at the Faculty
Priority Research Initiatives at the Faculty of Education
- Human Movement and Health (team leader: doc. Mgr. Daniel Jandačka, Ph.D.)
- Educational Media (team leader: PhDr. Zuzana Sikorová, Ph.D.)
- The Czech Language in Education (team leader: doc. PhDr. Diana Svobodová, Ph.D.)
- Probing the Musical Culture and Regional Subcultures with Music Historiography, Music Pedagogy and Aesthetic Theory (team leaders: doc. PhDr. Jiří Kusák, Ph.D., prof. PhDr. Karel Steinmetz, CSc.)
Specific Means Taken to Support the Faculty’s Research Output
On one hand, these include conceptualizing the Faculty’s research, i.e. a clear definition of the research orientation, and on the other, financially supporting the research.
- The establishment of the Dean’s fund for the sustainability of the Faculty’s research which is in accordance with the University of Ostrava’s main research initiatives.
- The establishment of the Dean’s fund supporting the perspective research initiatives carried out at the Faculty of Education.
- The establishment of the Dean’s fund supporting research at the Faculty, mainly connected with other priority research initiatives at the Faculty of Education.
- Financial support of successful full-time students of the doctoral study programs from the stipendiary fund.