Why study at the Faculty of Education
The Faculty of Education has a long tradition as a major education provider in the Ostrava region. It trains teachers for various types of schools, covering a broad range of different specialist fields and ensuring that the education system is equipped to meet the challenges of the modern era.
The Faculty offers a wide range of degrees at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels, plus four doctoral degree programmes.
Students benefit from the Faculty’s excellent modern teaching facilities - including studios, workshops, sports facilities, music rooms, and much more.
- We have a long tradition of providing excellent teacher training and other fields of study
- We offer a broad range of degree subjects which can be studied in various combinations
- The Faculty is firmly rooted in the Ostrava region, and this is reflected in its research interests
- Students play an active role in research and other creative activities at the Faculty
- Students have the opportunity to do practical placements and volunteer work at various types of educational institutions
- The Faculty has 90 partnership agreements with institutions abroad (including 77 Erasmus+ agreements in 18 different countries), where students can travel for study stays or internships
- Experts from our partner institutions abroad frequently teach as part of staff mobility agreements or joint research/teaching projects
- International students can choose from a wide range of theoretical and practical courses taught in foreign languages
- Faculty of Education, University of Ostrava
Mlýnská 5, 701 03 Ostrava 3
+420 597 092 525 /
Updated: 09. 11. 2017