Seminar of Technology II (KPV/G-PA2)
The validity of the information on this page has expired. The content of the page is probably out of date.
- 5 credits
- Lecturer: dr. Hana Vaňková, CSc.
- Lessons (Lectures + Exercises + Seminars): 0 + 1 + 0 [hours/week]
- Semester: summer
- Credit test preceding examination: None
- Requirements for examination: Active participation in lessons, portfolio, designing and realization of basic
functional objects and models, graphic documentation of applied working approaches and processes, presentation on a given topic.
- Examination method: Written examination. Presentation of design and technology process (written).
- Status of the course in study program: the course is a part of the study program Teaching of General Subjects for Primary
Schools Level 2 – Technical Education., program Teaching for Primary schools Level 1 - Universal subjects (MA programme).
The course is provided by the Department of Technical and Vocational Education.
The course is taught in German language. The main topics discussed are the following: "Home", "Traditions and customs",
"Growing". The students learn to reflect their previous experience and to follow how the technological processes are
developed and used in practical life. They learn to solve technological problems creatively, to think critically of the
working activities and craftwork and work in teams. The practical technological skills are gained by working with different
materials (paper, textile, wood, clay).
Aims and objectives:
The course provides students with basic practical skills and knowledge of technology processes. Students gain theoretical
and complex knowledge concerning various materials and develop their creativity and technical – constructive way of thinking.
Topics of exercises:
- Basic terms and introduction into the course, assessment criteria.
- Theme: craftwork of recycled paper and bookbinding technique. Overview of paper materials - types and qualities,
technologies and usage, techniques, devices and aids used in school environment.
- Theme: textile production by weaving and felting. Overview of textile materials - types and qualities, technologies
and usage, techniques, devices and aids used in school environment.
- Theme: ceramic tiles (plaster moulds). Overview of modelling materials - types and qualities, technologies and usage,
techniques, devices and aids used in school environment.
- Theme: electrical appliances and preparation of healthy food. Constructive design games, usage of corrugated
cardboard - types and qualities, abilities and limits of designing and constructing, ways and types of materials'
connection, usage in school environment.
- Theme: painted and dyed Easter eggs – traditional techniques of decoration.Overview of natural materials, qualities,
technologies, techniques, devices and aids used in school practice. Utilization and designing of straw, popcorn leaves
and wood shavings for the Czech (Easter) traditions.
Literature and teaching aids:
Provided by the lecturer during the course.
- HERMENS, G.: Der Kinder Brockhaus-Technik, F.A.Brockhaus AG, Mannheim 2005.
- DIXON, A.: Ton, Wolle, Papier. HPV, Bern, 1991.
- MICHALSKY, U.T.: Werkbuch Papier, Ravensburger, O.M. GmbH, 1991.