Centre for Studies of Regional Musical Culture
The Centre for Studies of Regional Musical Culture is a teaching and research centre which focuses on musical culture in Ostrava’s wider region, its sources of inspiration and its role in national and international musical culture. Researchers also explore the connections between the region’s musical culture and the specific features of the region – including the key role played by music in the cultural life of border areas, cross-border contacts between different national musical cultures (Czech, Polish, Slovak, and formerly German), and related issues of multiculturalism in music and musical culture. Other fields of research involve regional approaches to music education and new trends in music education – including music teaching didactics.
- Institute for Regional Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava
- Department of Musicology, Masaryk University, Brno
- Department of Musicology, Silesian Museum, Opava
- Music Department, Ostrava City Museum
- Department of Music Education, Faculty of Education, Palacký University, Olomouc
Updated: 13. 02. 2018